PASSENGER INFORMATION PRIOR TO YOUR FORTHCOMING CRUISELINK JOURNEY (15/06/2021)
As your cruise departure date is fast approaching, we feel it may be helpful, and advisable, to inform you of the safety measures we currently have in place to help mitigate the risks posed by Covid19 and ensure you enjoy a safe and secure travel experience with Eavesway Cruiselink at this time.
Prior to Departure Date
In line with the safety protocols introduced by the Cruise Lines, we now request that you provide proof of a negative rapid lateral flow test taken within 72 hours prior to boarding the coach for your journey to the port.
If necessary, to obtain your test kit, you can follow the link provided to the Government website. Please contact our office for further advice if you are unable to access the internet. As an alternative many Chemists now also offer this testing service.
Lateral Flow Tests Recording you results
Enclosed in the box of your home testing kit there will be a leaflet offering a step-by-step instruction of how to take your test and on page 15, instructions on how to report your negative result.
How to report your result
You can report online via the Government website or by telephone as detailed in the leaflet. Whichever way you choose to log your result you should provide an email address or mobile telephone number to receive a confirmation of test results logged.
We can advise this procedure has been tried and tested by an employee, who reported their results by telephone and received a text message confirmation all within one hour. The message confirmed their name, date of test and negative result.
How to provide us with your negative result
Depending how you have received your confirmation, if on a text message you can simply show the driver this on the day of travel, if you have received it on email and have access to it on the day of your travel you can again show this to the driver. Alternatively you can email your confirmation to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com and this will be noted on your account prior to travel.
On the day of your journey
1. All passengers will be asked, where possible, to board and exit the coach via the centre door of the coach and not the front entrance/exit where the driver is located, unless pre booked disabled access and seating have been arranged.
2. Your coach will only be carrying passengers joining the same cruise ship. All will have had both vaccinations and tested negative within 72 hours of travel.
3. The coach will have been completely sanitised and fogged prior to the start of the journey to ensure a safe and sterile travel environment.
4. Face masks should be worn when boarding the coach and whilst seated if required, subject to government guidelines applicable on the date of travel.
5. Hand gel dispensers are located at each entrance/exit and must be used on each occasion that you enter the vehicle.
6. The Cruiselink service will be operating at reduced capacity, again subject to guidelines applicable on the date of travel. Seats not to be occupied will be clearly marked. Passengers from the same household, or booked to share a cabin on the ship, may sit together. All other passengers will be asked to take an available window seat.
7. You will be offered a short comfort break part way through the journey to the port. However, this will, of necessity, be of a much shorter duration than that normally offered and we would therefore suggest that you bring refreshments with you for the journey. At any necessary comfort stop we would ask that you continue to adhere to social distancing, the wearing of masks and the use of hand gels provided prior to boarding the coach to continue your journey.
If you require any further information prior to departure, please do not hesitate to contact our reservations department who will be pleased to assist you.
COVID 19 SAFE OPERATING PROCEEDURE (28/07/2020)
The following procedures have been put in place to help ensure the safety of our customers and staff throughout this pandemic. As well as the procedures outlined below, we have also implemented more stringent cleaning procedures prior to every journey, this includes vehicles being fogged with disinfectant prior to every journey, extra cleaning of hand rails etc. and we have also installed air purifiers to our fleet.
1. Our fleet will be operating at a reduced capacity to comply with social distancing rules. Unless passengers are from the same household only the window seats are to be used throughout the vehicle. For more information on coach capacities, please contact our office.
2. To avoid the spread of the virus, passengers displaying symptoms of COVID-19 should not travel by coach. Please contact our office should you be unable to travel.
3. Face masks are compulsory throughout whilst travelling by coach (children under 11 are exempt). If you are unable to wear a facemask for medical reasons please contact our office. Our drivers will have a supply of facemasks on board but we ask all customers to bring their own.
4. Upon arriving at the coach, please report to our driver whilst maintaining social distancing. If you have any luggage to be loaded onto the coach, please place this on the ground next to the vehicle and our driver will stow the luggage. Please allow extra time for loading.
5. Wherever practical, passengers will board and exit the vehicle using the centre door only ensuring that they make use of the hand gel available on the stairs as they do. Upon boarding the coach passengers should make their way to the furthest available seats.
6. The toilet on board the vehicle should only be used in emergencies. Please exercise good hand hygiene if you do need to use the toilet facilities.
7. The disability seating and drivers area on the lower deck of the coach are off limits to passengers unless pre-booked. Further information about booking these seats will be made available in due course.
CORONAVIRUS (Covid-19) Update as of 18 May 2020
In these challenging times the health & safety of all our employees is paramount, therefore we have allowed all our staff to stay at home until the current situation with Covid 19 improves.
We will be available to serve you again as soon as we are able to do so, our highly specified vehicles together with extensively trained drivers will be at your disposal.
If you require any quotations for future please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the meantime please stay safe and we look forward to hearing from you in the future.
As you may imagine we are currently experiencing an unprecedented level of enquiries from clients regarding all aspects of their travel reservations on our Cruiselink services to Southampton, Dover and Newcastle. Under Governments guidelines our office is still temporarily closed for the safety of our employees, however we do have minimal staff working from home enabling you to still make contact with us by email at email@example.com . Communications may take longer than normal but rest assured you will receive a response to your enquiry.
We would therefore ask all clients affected by the current situation to continue with the kindness, understanding and patience that has been shown to date.
Throughout these difficult times our priority remains, as always, the safety of our employees and passengers. To this end, for the time being and until further notice, our coach fleet has been parked up and our drivers and maintenance staff have been instructed to remain at home and follow the social distancing guidelines advised by Government.
EAVESWAY TRAVEL LTD
For our latest terms and conditions please click here https://www.eaveswaytravel.com/terms
Eavesway Travel Ltd, Bryn Side, Bryn Road, Ashton-in-Makerfield, Wigan, England, WN4 8BT
+44 (0)1942 727985
Times are subject to change during COVID
Current Office Hours Mon-Fri 9am-3pm,
+44 (0)1942 271234